If there’s one thing I love about cooking, it’s the endless possibilities of combining ingredients to achieve a unique flavor. I was browsing the contents of our refrigerator this afternoon and I found a couple of “cookables”. I decided to make my own Macaroni Meat Sauce.
Ingredients for Macaroni Meat Sauce ala Yagit:
- Del Monte Macaroni
- Left over tomato sauce from last night’s dinner
- Minced Garlic
- McCormick Powdered White Pepper
- McCormick Granulated Garlic
- White Onion
- Ground beef
- Lots of Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Flaked Chilis
How to cook:
- Cook the macaroni for 15 minutes in a hot boiling water with 1 teaspoon of rock salt.
- After cooking the pasta, drain the water using a strainer and set aside.
- Saute garlic and chopped onions in a sauce pan.
- Add the garlic beef and simmer until cook.
- Add last night’s leftover tomato sauce. *This part makes the sauce “ala Yagit”.
- Mix last night’s leftover tomato sauce with the beef.
- Add some grated cheddar or Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Pour the meat sauce on top of the pasta.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- [optional] Add some flaked chilis for extra spice.